OUR SCHOOL and PRE-SCHOOL VISION
‘Embracing the fullness of life’
At our Church School and Pre-School, we aim to provide a welcoming atmosphere where staff and children work together to create a happy, secure, caring and stimulating environment. This is created in partnership with church representatives, parents, governors, and the wider community. All children are given the opportunity to achieve their full potential, to develop personal responsibility, self-esteem, respect for others and their environment. This is achieved through a broad and balanced curriculum with high quality teaching and learning experiences. We provide a well-resourced school that encourages creativity and co-operation and where collective and individual efforts are valued and celebrated. Our Christian Values are embedded throughout our ethos and form the foundations of our approach to ensuring that every child embraces the fullness of life.
AIMS OF THE SCHOOL
We aim to:
- Encourage in our children a sense of Christian caring for the community in which they live and the wider world beyond.
- Help children develop lively and enquiring minds and to become independent learners following a broad, balanced and enriching curriculum.
- Have detailed awareness of the individual progress of each child in all aspects of their development and education and to reflect this in our teaching.
- Provide an atmosphere where respect, trust and tolerance predominate and where polite and appropriate behaviour is expected and valued by all.
- Recognise the importance of the partnership between our children, their parents and the school.
- Not discriminate against any child on the grounds of gender, race, disability or religion and to develop in all of our children a respect for other races, cultures and creeds.
- Establish an environment within which teaching and non-teaching staff, advisors, parents and governors can work together to achieve these aims.
- Provide a learning environment which is happy and stimulating, where children have confidence in themselves.
- Encourage the children to understand the need to lead a healthy lifestyle through healthy eating and regular exercise so that they will carry this understanding into their adult life.
- Embed clear Christian Values throughout our broad and balanced curriculum, so children take with them a sense of belonging and can embrace the fullness of life.